Travis Murao was introduced to wheelchair rugby by Duncan Campbell, one of the inventors of the sport. He started playing while still in G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Hospital and...
- Birth DateJanuary 12, 1983
- HometownToronto, ON
- ClubOntario Thunder
- Member Since2008
Travis Murao was introduced to wheelchair rugby by Duncan Campbell, one of the inventors of the sport. He started playing while still in G.F. Strong Rehabilitation Hospital and quickly became hooked on the intellectual side of the sport.
Murao is known for his sense of humour and his love of reading. He’s blogged about wheelchair rugby and starred in the humorous web series “Wheelchair Rugby Talk with Trev n’ Trav” with his teammate Trevor Hirschfield.
Murao’s passion for both English Literature and wheelchair rugby took him to Tucson where he studied English at the University of Arizona and won a US Quad Rugby Association national championship title with the Tucson Pterodactyls. The four-time Paralympian resides in Toronto dedicating his time to training and improving his game.
- Silver medalist at 2022 Canada Cup
- 5th Place at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games
- Silver medalist at the 2019 Lima Parapan Am Games
- Best 2.0 at the 2014 & 2018 Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament
- Gold medalist at the 2015 Parapan Am Games
- Silver medalist at the 2014 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships
- Silver medalist at the 2012 Summer Paralympic Games
- Bronze medalist at the 2008 Summer Paralympic Games