While recovering from a spinal cord injury at a rehabilitation hospital in Quebec City, Fabien “Fab” Lavoie decided to give wheelchair rugby try. Even though he was still...
- Birth DateJuly 2, 1981
- HometownQuebec City, QC
- ClubImpact du Quebec
- Member Since2004
While recovering from a spinal cord injury at a rehabilitation hospital in Quebec City, Fabien “Fab” Lavoie decided to give wheelchair rugby try. Even though he was still in a halo and neck brace, he wasn’t scared of contact. He would get hit, fall out of his wheelchair (much to the horror of the doctors and nurses), get back in and keep going. He was hooked. Three years later, Fabien was named to the Canadian national wheelchair rugby team.
Since then, Lavoie’s fearless style of play has provided countless hard hits and a large dose of passion to Team Canada. Fabien is an experienced wheelchair rugby player having been with the team for 15 years and participating in five Paralympics.
- Silver medalist at 2022 Canada Cup
- 5th Place at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games
- Gold Medalist 2015 Parapan American Games
- Silver Medalist at the 2014 Wheelchair Rugby World Championship
- Silver Medalist at the 2012 London Paralympic Games
- Bronze Medalist at the 2006 Wheelchair Rugby World Championships
- Silver Medalist at the 2004 Athens Paralympic Games